now browsing by month
Join STYP and Binghamton University’s “BOLD” (Bearcats of the Last Decade) Alumni for a mixer and networking event on the Brass Lantern’s outdoor deck!
Details on appetizers, food specials, and drink specials to come, as the event draws closer.
We hope to see you there!
Please join STYP as we volunteer at the Dick’s Open Concert!
STYP plays a huge role in volunteering during the Friday night concert at the Dick’s Open. For this year’s Bon Jovi concert, we will be volunteering in the main concession tent from 5:30pm until approximately 11pm.
All volunteers will get a ticket for Friday access to the golf tournament and concert, and receive a free volunteer T-Shirt and an invitation to a great volunteer party.
STYP will be volunteering at the 2017 Spiedie Fest and Balloon Rally. Volunteer jobs include:
- Work the gates. This involves checking people coming in for a ticket (no charge) or making change for those coming in for daily admission. We also stamp hands for re-admission on the way out.
- Work the beer tent. This involves selling tickets for those wishing to purchase alcohol at the tent.
All shifts are roughly four hours.
In exchange for volunteering, you get the following:
- Pass to the festival for the entire weekend (just like a ticket)
- Parking permit (Bevier Street lot – walk-in entrance) good for the whole weekend
- Entrance in a hot air balloon ride drawing, one entry per shift worked
- If you volunteer for three or more shifts (anytime, does not have to be consecutive), I can give you a Gold VIP onsite parking permit, which enables you to drive directly onto festival grounds all weekend. I also offer this for groups if your family volunteers collectively for multiple shifts.
This year’s festival includes the following entertainment:
- Friday: Denis DeYoung from Styx
- Saturday: Blue Oyster Cult, Eddie Money, meet and greet with Stefan from Vampire Diaries
- Sunday: Savannah Harmon, Kellie Pickler, Sara Evans, meet and greet with Xander from Bunk’d
Also at the festival is the TasteNY tent which features tons of New York State produced food and beverages (including wine tastings), and a beer garden tent featuring local and regional beers.
Contact Doug Camin for the current list of available volunteer positions.