- July 20th at 6:00 PM – Summer Celebration at Galaxy
- July 21st – STYP BLI Scholarship
- July 29th from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM – STYP 3rd Annual Golf Classic sponsored by Wayfare Facility Management
- August 4th – 5th – 6th – Volunteering at Spiedie Fest
- August 18th from 5:30 to 11:00 PM – Volunteer at Dicks Sporting Goods Open Concert
- August 24th at 5:30 PM – Mixer at Brass Lantern Tavern with BU BOLD Alumni
- October 12th at 6:00 PM – 3rd Quarterly Meeting and Mixer at The Southern Tier Incubator
- Subscribe to STYP Events on Facebook
- Join STYP!
Our biggest event of the year is here! Join us at the Galaxy brewing Company on their beautiful outdoor area for food and music!
We will be giving away prizes to new members and anybody who brings a new member will be entered into a raffle to win some awesome prizes!
Plus join STYP at this event and get all of 2016 and 2017 for just $35!
Don’t forget all STYP members get the CommuniKey with their paid membership!
This is going to be an awesome event so hope to see you there!
Last year STYP set up a scholarship to help send young professionals to the Broome Leadership Institute (BLI). STYP shares the BLI mission of developing leadership skills and community involvement in young professionals. The STYP scholarship will provide a few hundred dollars to current STYP members who need financial assistance for the program. Scholarship recipients will be expected to join a leadership role in STYP. If interested, email email@example.com.
Attention all golfers! STYP is holding their 3rd Annual Golf Classic – a Fundraising Captain & Crew Tournament open to anybody on Saturday, July 29th at Traditions At The Glen Resort and Hotel in Johnson City. Registration/Lunch begins at 11:30 with a Shotgun start at 1 pm. A dinner reception/mixer to follow.
The cost for this event is only $300 per foursome. This price includes
• 18 holes of golf w/ riding cart
• Door prizes for each player
• Beer on the course
• Dinner reception with various awards & Raffles
• Putting challenge on the practice green
• Longest drive contests
• Closest to the Pin
• Skins Contest (optional at additional cost)
PLUS a chances to win great other prizes!
$75 single registrations will be accepted, however full foursomes will be given priority. If you want to golf and need help pairing, please contact us! Tickets for Dinner/Mixer ONLY will be sold for $25.
A HUGE thanks to our Sponsors!
STYP will be volunteering at the 2017 Spiedie Fest and Balloon Rally. Volunteer jobs include:
- Work the gates. This involves checking people coming in for a ticket (no charge) or making change for those coming in for daily admission. We also stamp hands for re-admission on the way out.
- Work the beer tent. This involves selling tickets for those wishing to purchase alcohol at the tent.
All shifts are roughly four hours.
In exchange for volunteering, you get the following:
- Pass to the festival for the entire weekend (just like a ticket)
- Parking permit (Bevier Street lot – walk-in entrance) good for the whole weekend
- Entrance in a hot air balloon ride drawing, one entry per shift worked
- If you volunteer for three or more shifts (anytime, does not have to be consecutive), I can give you a Gold VIP onsite parking permit, which enables you to drive directly onto festival grounds all weekend. I also offer this for groups if your family volunteers collectively for multiple shifts.
This year’s festival includes the following entertainment:
- Friday: Denis DeYoung from Styx
- Saturday: Blue Oyster Cult, Eddie Money, meet and greet with Stefan from Vampire Diaries
- Sunday: Savannah Harmon, Kellie Pickler, Sara Evans, meet and greet with Xander from Bunk’d
Also at the festival is the TasteNY tent which features tons of New York State produced food and beverages (including wine tastings), and a beer garden tent featuring local and regional beers.
Contact Doug Camin for the current list of available volunteer positions.
Please join STYP as we volunteer at the Dick’s Open Concert!
STYP plays a huge role in volunteering during the Friday night concert at the Dick’s Open. For this year’s Bon Jovi concert, we will be volunteering in the main concession tent from 5:30pm until approximately 11pm.
All volunteers will get a ticket for Friday access to the golf tournament and concert, and receive a free volunteer T-Shirt and an invitation to a great volunteer party.
Join STYP and Binghamton University’s “BOLD” (Bearcats of the Last Decade) Alumni for a mixer and networking event on the Brass Lantern’s outdoor deck!
Details on appetizers, food specials, and drink specials to come, as the event draws closer.
We hope to see you there!
Join STYP for our 3rd Quarterly Meeting at the brand new Koffman Southern Tier Incubator.
More details to come – hope to see you there!
We have good news – STYP has grown tremendously! However due to that, we are unable to invite everybody to all of our events on Facebook. So don’t miss out, subscribe to our events to get notified when we have new exciting events for you!
To do so, go to our Facebook page (link below) and halfway down on the left side under “upcoming events” click subscribe – that’s it!