now browsing by category
The Young Professionals (YP) Alliance is a brand new strategic partnership of the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce. We’ve established a network consisting of the Southern Tier Young Professionals, The Emerging Leaders Society, and The Broome County Urban League Young Professionals to empower the young professionals and emerging leaders of Broome County.
Along with great food, awesome music, and fantastic programming the YP Summit is the first of its kind in the Southern Tier. We are dedicating an innovative half-day conference to Young Professionals for both personal and professional development in the Greater Binghamton area.
Join STYP for our 3rd Quarterly Meeting at the brand new Koffman Southern Tier Incubator.
We will tour the facility and then after the meeting hold a mixer at The Relief Pitcher where appetizers will be provided – hope to see you there!
Join STYP as we participate in the annual Broome County Riverbank Clean Up!
Volunteers will work to pick up trash and beautify the riverbank in downtown Binghamton, along the portion of the Chenango River between Memorial Bridge (Riverside Drive) and The Clinton Street Bridge. We will meet in the back of the Roberson Museum parking lot at 9:45am. Clean-up supplies such as bags, gloves, and garbage pickers will be provided.
Please contact Kyle Nedlik at kbnedlik.gmail.com if you have any questions, and RSVP on the Facebook event shown below if you might be attending.
Broome County Riverbank Clean Up Website http://www.gobroomecounty.com/emc/riverbankcleanup
Being an effective leader involves the capacity to give and receive feedback and the ability to resolve interpersonal conflicts in a constructive manner.
Join us as we explore our “blind spots” and “masks” to strengthen
interpersonal relationships (businesss and personal) and create a culture of continuous feedback. We will learn and apply a six-step Constructive Conversation Process to resolve interpersonal conflicts with sustainable solutions.
Please register to receive the latest information and to give us an accurate headcount.
The STYP Wine Tour is SOLD OUT.
We will be making 6 stops below! Price is $70 for a STYP member and $90 for non-members. Price includes all tastings, round trip bus transportation (including gratuity) from the Oakdale Mall, snacks and water on the bus ride.
Bus leaves at 8:30am sharp and will be back by 6pm
Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards
Boundary Breaks Vineyards
Fox Run Vineyards
Torrey Ridge Winery
Earle Estates Meadery
Please join us for a mixer on the deck of Social on State!
Hope to see you there!
Join STYP and Binghamton University’s “BOLD” (Bearcats of the Last Decade) Alumni for a mixer and networking event on the Brass Lantern’s outdoor deck!
Details on appetizers, food specials, and drink specials to come, as the event draws closer.
We hope to see you there!
Please join STYP as we volunteer at the Dick’s Open Concert!
STYP plays a huge role in volunteering during the Friday night concert at the Dick’s Open. For this year’s Bon Jovi concert, we will be volunteering in the main concession tent from 5:30pm until approximately 11pm.
All volunteers will get a ticket for Friday access to the golf tournament and concert, and receive a free volunteer T-Shirt and an invitation to a great volunteer party.
STYP will be volunteering at the 2017 Spiedie Fest and Balloon Rally. Volunteer jobs include:
- Work the gates. This involves checking people coming in for a ticket (no charge) or making change for those coming in for daily admission. We also stamp hands for re-admission on the way out.
- Work the beer tent. This involves selling tickets for those wishing to purchase alcohol at the tent.
All shifts are roughly four hours.
In exchange for volunteering, you get the following:
- Pass to the festival for the entire weekend (just like a ticket)
- Parking permit (Bevier Street lot – walk-in entrance) good for the whole weekend
- Entrance in a hot air balloon ride drawing, one entry per shift worked
- If you volunteer for three or more shifts (anytime, does not have to be consecutive), I can give you a Gold VIP onsite parking permit, which enables you to drive directly onto festival grounds all weekend. I also offer this for groups if your family volunteers collectively for multiple shifts.
This year’s festival includes the following entertainment:
- Friday: Denis DeYoung from Styx
- Saturday: Blue Oyster Cult, Eddie Money, meet and greet with Stefan from Vampire Diaries
- Sunday: Savannah Harmon, Kellie Pickler, Sara Evans, meet and greet with Xander from Bunk’d
Also at the festival is the TasteNY tent which features tons of New York State produced food and beverages (including wine tastings), and a beer garden tent featuring local and regional beers.
Contact Doug Camin for the current list of available volunteer positions.
July 29th from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM – STYP 3rd Annual Golf Classic sponsored by Wayfare Facility Management
Attention all golfers! STYP is holding their 3rd Annual Golf Classic – a Fundraising Captain & Crew Tournament open to anybody on Saturday, July 29th at Traditions At The Glen Resort and Hotel in Johnson City. Registration/Lunch begins at 11:30 with a Shotgun start at 1 pm. A dinner reception/mixer to follow.
The cost for this event is only $300 per foursome. This price includes
• 18 holes of golf w/ riding cart
• Door prizes for each player
• Beer on the course
• Dinner reception with various awards & Raffles
• Putting challenge on the practice green
• Longest drive contests
• Closest to the Pin
• Skins Contest (optional at additional cost)
PLUS a chances to win great other prizes!
$75 single registrations will be accepted, however full foursomes will be given priority. If you want to golf and need help pairing, please contact us! Tickets for Dinner/Mixer ONLY will be sold for $25.
A HUGE thanks to our Sponsors!