now browsing by month
Nominations are now open for the 2019 STYP Annual Elections. If you are interested in serving on the Executive Committee, we would love to hear from you.
The 2019 Candidate List will be updated for voters to review as nominations come in.
Positions that will be voted on include:
- Vice President
- Executive Committee Board Members (9 Positions)
Nominations: To nominate yourself for a position and officially be on the ballot for the January 24th elections, send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First and Last Name
- Position for which you are running.
- If you are running for an officer position, also indicate if you want to run for a board member position in the event that you do not win the officer position.
- Vision for STYP / Reason for running / Related experience. Please limit to 200 words.
- Headshot photograph (optional)
The cut off to be included on the Annual Meeting ballot is 11:59PM on January 21st.
Nominations will also be accepted during the meeting. These nominations will be treated as write-ins.
All candidates must be current (2019) STYP members. Join or renew here.
Refer to Annual Elections page for all the official rules.
Join STYP for our annual meeting, where we will elect our new board and will hear from YOU what you would like to see us do in 2019!
Refer to Annual Elections page for procedures on how to self nominate and official rules.
We will be in the basement meeting room section of the restaurant, and the meeting will begin at approximately 6:00pm. A social/networking mixer will follow. A buffet spread will be available for attendees, including:
– Drunken Noodles (Beef)
– Pineapple Curry (Chicken)
– Curry Puffs*
– Thai Crispy Rolls*
-Food offerings will not contain peanuts-
Additionally, raffles will be held for:
-Attendees who have joined or renewed their STYP membership for 2019 prior to the meeting
– Attendees who join or renew their membership at the meeting
Please bring a business card for your chance at our raffles! (We will have blank business cards to fill out for those who do not have business cards with them).
We hope to see you there!
Join STYP, RMA Empire Chapter, and NYSSCPA NextGen for “Understanding Your Credit Score”, sponsored by Labella Associates, and presented by Amy Chervinsky, Consumer Lending Manager and Assistant Vice President at Chemung Canal Trust Company.
Attendees do not need to have any financial background to attend, and will leave this presentation with relevant tips and tricks to try on their own!
From this presentation, attendees will learn:
– How to better understand a credit score, and where it comes from
– Information contained in a credit report,
– Why you need both your credit score AND your credit report.
– How to obtain a credit score and a credit report from the three major credit bureaus.
During the presentation, questions such as these will be answered:
– What is a good credit score?
– What are the biggest factors affecting my score?
– What is a fraud alert or credit freeze?
– How do I improve my credit score?
– Why does a credit score matter?
Amy Chervinsky is the Consumer Lending Manager and Assistant Vice President at Chemung Canal Trust Company, and the Chair of the Women in Finance Committee of the Risk Management Association. Amy has ten years of experience in banking including both the business and personal loan side. Amy earned her MBA from Baker College Center for Graduate Studies and her Bachelors in Banking and Finance from the Pennsylvania College of Technology.
***The First 30 attendees to pre-register using the link above will receive a ticket for a FREE drink at the event! (beer, wine, or soda) Complimentary appetizers & hors ‘doeuvres will be available for all attendees, along with a cash bar***